TOWN CLERK/TAX COLLECTOR:
Lissa M. Boissonneault
PO Box 574
Sugar Hill NH 03586
Monday 3:00 – 5:00
Tuesday 9:00 – 1:00
Thursday 9:00 -1:00
All payments must be made by cash or check. Credit and Debit Cards are not accepted.
HOWEVER – We strongly encourage residents to send payments through the mail or leave in the lockbox at the front door. This will reduce the risk of exposure to both customers and employees.
IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL -We ask that you refrain from entering the building and instead mail in your paperwork.
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE BY CHECK OR CASH
Motor Vehicle Registration: Town and State portion – plates and stickers
Voter Checklist: Proof of residency required
Marriage Licenses: $50.00
- worksheet must be completed – will mail if requested
- photo ID is required
- both applicants must be present and sign completed license
- must provide proof of divorce, annulment or death
Certified Copies of Vital Statistics: $15.00 1st copy $10.00 subsequent copies
Dog Licenses: Must be licensed by April 30th if dog is over 3 months old
- $9.00 – Male or Female
- $6.50 – Neutered Male
- $6.50 – Spayed Female
- $2.00 – Owner over 65
- $6.50 – Puppies (3-7 mos.)
Important: Be sure to bring rabies certificate. Failure to comply will make you liable to a penalty of $25.00 if not licensed by June 1st. RSA 466:13
PUBLIC HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS AND ABSENTEE VOTING
A person can register and vote by absentee if, based on their own health circumstances, medical authorities advise them to avoid going out in public. This applies to:
- voters with symptoms of a communicable disease or illness;
- voters who, due to their own health circumstances, limit public exposure in their day-to-day life as a preventative measure.
These two types of voters can reasonably conclude that a “physical disability” exists within the meaning of RSA 654:16 and 654:17, absentee registration and RSA 657:1, absentee voting.
A person must meet the following to register and vote in New Hampshire:
- 18 years of age or older on election day;
- A United States citizen; and
- Domiciled in the town or ward where the person seeks to vote.
“Registering to Vote in New Hampshire” provides further details on these requirements.
Registering to Vote in New Hampshire”